Pet’s Ten Commandments
- My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any seperation from you is likely to be painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
- Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
- Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
- Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
- Please take care of me when grow old. You too, will grow old.
- On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bare to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~ Author Unknown ~